[ntp:questions] Standalone Windows XP/7 Machine Needs to Serve NTP

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed Sep 11 20:03:26 UTC 2013

On 11/09/13 17:17, E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the
BlackLists wrote:

> Although that is abnormal, I don't see the problem.
>
> Unlike normal ntpd use;
>   Use server 127.127.1.0 Undisciplined Local Clock (LOCAL) ONLY,
>    Fudge it to True,
>   Restart ntpd when you jump the time around with your simulator?

The clients will shut down as the time step is more than 1,000 seconds.
  For steps less than 1,000 second they'll still take upwards of 20
minutes to react.

You can tweak these numbers, although I don't know if panic can be set
as large as several days.