[ntp:questions] ISP bloked port 123

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Sep 17 10:03:07 UTC 2013

On 16/09/2013 22:28, Bert Gøtterup Petersen wrote:
> Well we see different issues in different countries.
>
> The problem that I am in the development department, but the individual customer issue happens in the field somewhere fare away and handled by people how understand little about IT...
>
> I am looking for a generic 'plan B' which will solve these different issues all at once, not one by one.
>

> Best regards
>
> Bert Petersen

Bert,

On possible option is to provide your customer with an NTP server based
on a GPS, something as simple and low-cost as a Raspberry Pi:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

but much better to get port 123 unblocked.  How do your customers get
their time at the moment, if not through port 123?  How accurate do you
need the synchronisation?
--
Cheers,
David