[ntp:questions] TrueTime XL-AK GPS lock satellite take too much time.....

Dowd, Greg Greg.Dowd at microsemi.com
Fri Apr 25 17:56:55 UTC 2014

While it is not always true, I would say that the vast majority of the time when this happens it is a connection issue.  Did you disconnect, check and reconnect the cable to the antenna?  Does this box have any indication of antenna open/short or satellite visibility/signal levels?  Did you try turning it off and on again and see if that changed the result?  I ask that as these timing devices typically need to find the current leap second info which some receivers don't broadcast and I've seen handshake issues where the receiver is fine but the box won't do its version of "locked" without that data.