[ntp:questions] Attn Linux distributors - pse include PPS

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sat Apr 26 20:34:51 UTC 2014

> I am saying that the ntpd that ships with Ubuntu 14.04 is limited because
> it was built on a system where timepps.h was not present, and thus the
> ATOM and JUPITER (and a couple other) refclocks were not included in the
> binary.  Even though PPS support is present in the kernel.
>
> I built ntpd locally after installing the package pps-tools, which
> includes timepps.h, and then everything is OK.
>./configure detects the presence of timepps.h and then enables all
> refclocks with PPS support.
>
> But I would prefer not having to build ntpd to get the ATOM refclock
> working.

Don't you think that is a gripe for the people over at Ubuntu? Developers have no control how others choose to implement their
software. Hence the discussion here is about as pointless as complaining on the Microsoft support forum about how Apple does
something in their UI and should change it...  *facepalm*