[ntp:questions] Red Hat vote for chrony

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Sat Dec 6 22:58:27 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM, William Unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:

> But then this thread was about Redhat, which is Linux.

I understand that but it's not the point.  This thread is about a distro
defaulting to Chrony -- and why that's a bad (or good) thing. I say it's an
inconvenience because I'm uninterested in Chrony on Linux (RedHat or
otherwise). While we have many Linux boxes many of our servers are not
Linux/BSD based.  It's bad enough dealing with various versions of NTP
without having yet another critical part of the infrastructure be
different.  Luckily we're busy moving away from RedHat.