[ntp:questions] Poul-Henning Kamp and re-write of NTP

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sun Dec 7 00:19:33 UTC 2014

On 06/12/14 22:44, eugenemil at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> He has been posting occasional updates on his work at
> http://phk.freebsd.dk/time/index.html

Bill won't be happy because it is a PLL solution, not a linear
regression one.  However, on a quick skim, it feels like the explanation
of the working and the issues is a lot clearer than anything I've seen
from Mills.

It starts off a bit badly by talking about the size of nptd, when, in
fact, very little of ntpd is actually involved in the core algorithm.
Most of it, I guess, is reference clock drivers, plus configuration and
monitoring code.