[ntp:questions] GPS NG type 46 refclock tests

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Sun Dec 7 14:08:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 4:44 AM, juergen perlinger <
juergen.perlinger at t-online.de> wrote:

> Well, they have a decent code base for dealing with a number of GPS
> devices, and they have hardware PPS support. And using GPSD as a time
> source makes more sense than using NTPD as source for position
> information

Ignoring my complete and utter disdain* for the quality of gpsd-clients
(when last I looked) and by extension gpsd I don't see why anyone who cares
enough to run a S1 server would want to add all the GPSD goo to a
timekeeper.

I'm sure it's an unfair comparison but it feels like sharing TPV via the
ntpd log.

*I'll admit part of this is because of ESR.