[ntp:questions] status information after ntpd -q

William Unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Fri Feb 7 17:29:55 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-07, joeri delvoy <boterhoeksken at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello Harlan,
>
> who do i need to contact when i have trouble with the compilation of the code i downloaded from ntp.org?
>
> Because when i try to run the sntp that was produced , i get
> line 7: syntax error: "(" unexpected

That suggests it is a bash script, not a compiled program. Why not look at line 7 and see what
it says?

> and also my config.log contains fatal errors:
> conftest.c:12:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <ac_nonexistent.h>

Some developement package missing from your computer? You tell us
nothing about the operating system, the computer architecture or
anything else.

> conftest.c:55:26: fatal error: minix/config.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <minix/config.h>

So does /usr/include/ac_nonexistent.h and /usr/include/minix/config.h
exist?