[ntp:questions] status information after ntpd -q

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Fri Feb 7 23:59:48 UTC 2014

joeri delvoy writes:
> hello Harlan,
>
> who do i need to contact when i have trouble with the compilation of the code
>  i downloaded from ntp.org?

You can ask here, or you can ask on freenode IRC on the #ntp or #ntp-dev
channels, or you can open a bug report.

> Because when i try to run the sntp that was produced , i get
> line 7: syntax error: "(" unexpected

If it compiled without error the only thing I can think of is that you
are running that binary on a different architecture or you are trying to
run the libtool wrapper instance of sntp from the wrong location.

Did you "make check install"?

> and also my config.log contains fatal errors:
> conftest.c:12:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
> conftest.c:55:26: fatal error: minix/config.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <minix/config.h>

Those are normal.

If the visible output from "configure" doesn't complain it should be OK.