[ntp:questions] status information after ntpd -q

joeri delvoy boterhoeksken at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:37:46 UTC 2014

Hello,

just to be clear about how i compile the source code:

1. when i try out the program on my PC (Ubuntu) the code works just fine:
> ./configure in the downloaded ntp-4.2.7p418 folder
> then : make install DESTDIR=/tmp/ntp
> within /tmp/ntp/usr/local/bin/ i can execute the sntp program without errors.

2. when i try to compile it for my arm device:
first of all: this code ALSO works on my Ubuntu PC, so it seems like the code seems not compiled for arm.
And when i copy the program "sntp" to my device, and execute it there, i get these weird errors

3. i have an armv5tejl, and i tried 2x to compile with other target name, but it failed 2x on my device (but the program worked on my Ubuntu as said):
3a.
>make destclean
>./configure --target=armv5tejl --build=x86_64 --program-prefix=armv5te
>make install DESTDIR=/tmp/ntp
>copy the file armv5tesntp to device and try to execute it.
and
3b.