[ntp:questions] status information after ntpd -q

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Feb 11 11:03:39 UTC 2014

On 11/02/2014 10:48, joeri delvoy wrote:
> i installed it via:
> sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi
>
> but i did not specify it somewhere. Normally you have a parameter CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi  on the commandline, but since i used the configure of ntp, i did not know where to put that option.

You are mirroring my (lack of) experience with cross-compiling., which
are documented here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/kernel-cross-compile.html

Yes, the cross-compile tells the toolset which compiler etc. to use, and
it /has/ worked for me as I documented above.  I would love to get it
working for NTP as well as the Linux kernel, as compiling NTP takes well
over 30 minutes on the Raspberry Pi.  If you can get any hints from my
own "fumbling in the dark" trials and tribulations, let us know!

--
Cheers,
David