[ntp:questions] questions] Cross-compiling NTP for the Raspberry Pi

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 20:34:59 UTC 2014

From: Charles Swiger

Yes, you need to add --with-yielding_select=yes.
(Or no, depending on what select() does on the target platform.)

./configure normally runs a set of tests to figure all of this stuff out,
but those tests
need to run on the target and not on the build platform when
cross-compiling.  If you
don't already know the right answers, run ./configure on the target platform
and use
those results when cross-compiling from a faster platform.

Regards,
-Chuck
================================

Just what I needed to know, Chuck.  Running .\configure on the Raspberry Pi,
and saving the output shows three separate lines saying:

  checking if select yields when using pthreads... yes

so I guess I need "yes".  Quite why configure needs to check this three
times, on an already very slow RPi PC, is a mystery!

[sorry for non-standard quoting]

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu