[ntp:questions] Cross-compiling NTP for the Raspberry Pi

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Feb 19 06:48:01 UTC 2014

On 18/02/2014 21:28, Harlan Stenn wrote:
[]
> Yes, please try adding: --with-yielding_select=yes
>
> to your ../configure command line.  This may not work - I've had a
> report that this didn't work for somebody else, but since I have no
> cross-compile environment handy I can't check it out.
>
> I don't expect you to be able to debug this.
>
> sntp/libevent/m4/openldap-thread-check.m4 is where this is coming from.

Chuck, Harlan, I'm sorry to report that I got the same error again.  My
command-line was:

   ../configure --host=armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --with-yielding_select=yes

and the error:

   checking if select yields when using pthreads... cross
configure: error: crossing compiling: use
--with-yielding_select=yes|no|manual

You are quite correct that I am unable to debug this!

Why the multiple checks on apparently the same test, by the way?

As a matter of interest, when compiling on the Raspberry Pi (to see what
select yields or not, the warnings produced which did not go to std-out
were:

configure: WARNING: libcrypto and libssl not found in any of /usr/lib
/usr/lib/openssl /usr/sfw/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/ssl/lib /lib

configure: WARNING: did not find openssl/evp.h in any of /usr/include
/usr/sfw/include /usr/local/include /usr/local/ssl/include

configure: WARNING: net-snmp-config present but net-snmp headers are not
available!

configure: WARNING: libcrypto and libssl not found in any of /usr/lib
/usr/lib/openssl /usr/sfw/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/ssl/lib /lib

configure: WARNING: did not find openssl/evp.h in any of /usr/include
/usr/sfw/include /usr/local/include /usr/local/ssl/include

Google produced a few instances where adding the
--with-yielding_select=yes switch didn't sure a similar issue.

--
Cheers,
David