[ntp:questions] Determine from logfiles if PPS/NMEA was discarded?

Ralph Aichinger ralph at pangea.at
Fri Jan 3 10:33:22 UTC 2014

I've had to rebuild my NTP server, and have had problems of
ntp somehow "losing" the GPS with offsets of 1 second (wrong
side of the PPS) and/or huge (100ms+) sporadic jitters since.

I'm not sure if I've solved it, but configuring out unneded
sentences, fiddling with time2 (400ms now) seems to have
vastly improved it, or solved it completely.

Is there a way to find out afterwards, if the NMEA has had
a problem (e.g. tally "x" discarded by intersection algorithm,
or losing the "o" of the PPS signal in peer display) while
I was not looking?

The peerstats/clockstats file is a bit cryptic to me.

Thanks in advance,

/ralph