[ntp:questions] Roof antenna, which one, would you bother?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Jan 4 12:01:53 UTC 2014

On 03/01/2014 19:58, Brian Inglis wrote:
[]
> Instructions are on David Taylor's site at
> http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/FreeBSD-GPS-PPS.htm#usb
> I simplified the wiring shown in the above link by connecting
> all +5V power leads to pin 6 DSR.
[]

That's a good simplification, Brian.  But as RS-232 can be up to 25V
(according to Wikipedia) how do you guarantee than the GPS 18x LVC won't
be damaged, and that enough drive current is available from DSR?

I'd like to add your suggestion to my Web page, but I don't want people
damaging their GPS receivers by injudiciously following your advice.
--
Cheers,
David