[ntp:questions] need option to ignore 'leap not in sync error'

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Thu Jan 16 08:24:21 UTC 2014

"Sanal, Arjun (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <arjun.sanal at nsn.com> wrote in message
news:592C0209968E17479F27087D92C1F7E414E051 at SGSIMBX006.nsn-intra.net...

[...]
> The setup is a blade server, which has one master blade server which
> runs the ntp server. All other blades sync the time from this master.
> The master itself gets it time from a higher ntp server. The problem
> is when the master says that it is not suitable for synchronization,
> the client blades shouldn't reject it. If they, do all the blades
> will end up with different time.

Configure the local clock as a source at high stratum on the master.
"server 127.127.1.0 stratum 10"

People will now fall all over you, and me, yelling that this is
anathema, but you have explained to my satisfaction what you want,
and this is how you do it.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink