[ntp:questions] better rate limiting against amplification attacks?

Rob nomail at example.com
Thu Jan 16 09:28:18 UTC 2014

Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
> So please complain as much as you want.  Please volunteer as much as you
> want.  Please financially support Network Time as much as you want.  I
> also invite folks to pay attention to what they want to "get", and see
> how what they are and are not doing correlates to what they are and are
> not getting.

In case you are not noticing it yourself (and it looks like it):
Lots of people refrain from volunteering with the ntpd project because
of the harsh and offensive attitude towards any change suggestions.

I would not want to waste my time to convice people in your project that
a correct example config file would be a boon to the project, and find
team members against me that try to explain that it is not their business
to know what the distributors want or what the users want.

I have seen similar debates around change suggestions in the algorithms
of the clock synchronization itself.

Finding volunteers will probably be quite difficult.