[ntp:questions] using IFF, GQ, MV keys for authentication at the same time

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Jan 22 22:10:39 UTC 2014

Hi--

On Jan 22, 2014, at 1:12 PM, ardi <peter.knezel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to generate and use all types of authentication keys (IFF,GQ,MV) at the same time on ntp server and client ?

It's possible to generate different types of keys and use different ones for different connections.  I don't think you can use different keys between the same server and client at the same time, but I admit that I've never tried doing so.

> Will usage of all these keys give more secure protection than usage of only one type of them?

Most probably not, but I suppose one should ask what you're trying to do with NTP auth in case your specific case might be an exception.  :-)

Regards,
--
-Chuck