[ntp:questions] generate GQ keys on ntp-server in addition to IFF keys

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Jan 23 20:20:33 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-23, ardi <peter.knezel at gmail.com> wrote:

> is it possible to generate GQ keys on a ntp-server, that already has
> IFF keys. Won't they be rewritten by chance?

Try testing your idea in a scratch directory.

> I would like to try to generate GQ keys for another ntp-client and try
> whether works.

I'm not sure why you continually differentiate between "ntp-server" and
"ntp-client" because ntpd is both. The only difference in operation
between the two is that in one case the ntpd is answering polls from
other ntpds (or ntpdate, or sntp).

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>