[ntp:questions] Thoughts on KOD

Tue Jul 8 02:50:58 UTC 2014

Jason Rabel wrote:
> I think the best thing to do would be to keep it simple
>  and "not reply" to a bad client...
> It might make a few follow-up queries,
>  but eventually it would (hopefully) give up.

Broken ones might not {"didn't"}.

 Most of the big abuse issues I read about,
  no reply was one of the worse things to do,
  it just made the clients hammer faster.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP_server_misuse_and_abuse>
 NETGEAR and the University of Wisconsin–Madison

  will be added to the BlackLists.