[ntp:questions] Thoughts on KOD

Tue Jul 8 02:44:22 UTC 2014

Jochen Bern wrote:
> The straightforward approach to doing so would be to send
>  out not plain "go DIAF"s, but messages along the lines
>  of "I'm willing to service your further requests *if*
>  you label them with this random ID (and behave)".

More modern ntpd with the  Command Line Option -I,
 and / or the MiscOpt nic / interface configuration directive,
  could probably get the MAC address of the interface it using,
  (or some other uniqueish id) hash it, ...

   ntpd\ntp_io.c    link interface into list of known interfaces
    ep_univ_iid;   /* iface ID from MAC address */
    scan_univ_iid; /* see RFC 4291 */
    ep_privacy;	   /* random local iface ID */
    scan_privacy;  /* see RFC 4941 */

 I don't know where you'd stick the data,
  perhaps in an extension field.

  Similar to the ipv4 ref clock id lack of resolution issue,
   when IPv6 is the source?

  will be added to the BlackLists.