[ntp:questions] Thoughts on KOD

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Tue Jul 8 10:11:07 UTC 2014

> There are two obvious ways to go for an embedded client.
>
> One way would be to use the sntp code as the base.
>
> The other would be to either use the current NTP codebase and use the
> configure options to disable all the refclocks and anything else you
> didn't want, or wait until we're done with the post-4.2.8 rewrite.  For
> post-4.2.8, we're looking at having a "client core" with any refclock
> code being handled a separate process.

I do not know if this is the case with NTP, but quite often it takes
considerable hacking of sources to get code to compile on non-x86
embedded hardware (i.e. ARM & MIPS)... It would probably help boost usage
if someone was assuring NTP sources compile on those platforms without
the need for modification.