[ntp:questions] Embedded solutions

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Jul 9 15:42:32 UTC 2014

On 09/07/2014 14:23, Paul wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Paul <tik-tok at bodosom.net> wrote:
>> "... Laureline is an embedded SNTP server"
>
> By the way that was the description of the previous generation product
> -- the original is here:
> http://www.eevblog.com/forum/oshw/'laureline'-embedded-gps-ntp-server/
> The current version comes with a GPS, uses a TCXO and provides PPS.
> Just like a GPSDO.

.. where it continues to be called an "NTP Server", which it not.  I did
speak with the originator many moons ago about this project, hoping that
it would conform to NTP management standards.  I felt it was a missed
opportunity,  It would be interesting to know how well it performs as a
GPSDO versus other popular choices.

However, for me, if someone wants an NTP server something like the
Raspberry Pi with GPS/PPS is a good, simple, cheap solution, which is
easily managed by the user.
--
Cheers,
David