[ntp:questions] Client using Meinberg NTP can't sync with ntp server problem

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Jul 9 15:46:49 UTC 2014

On 09/07/2014 12:26, vothanhhung22 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I have reinstalled ntp again and do the same as the guide above and I want to know if I can configure the sync interval to test if the program is working correctly. So I put the minpool parameter with value 9 and wait but there is nothing happend.
>
> Did I miss something here?

As I already said, if you have a "*" against one of the server lines in
"ntpq -pn" NTP is basically working correctly.  If you are using the
"pool" directive you should be seeing several servers listed, and NTP
will choose the best.  I don't know how many servers there are in the
"hk" pool - someone will doubtless tell us how to find that out - but
you may want to include the "asia" (I think it is) pool as well.

Leave the minpoll and maxpoll out of the configuration unless you have
good reason to play with them.  At least to start with.
--
Cheers,
David