[ntp:questions] ntp-4.2.6p5 on Win 7 x64

Nick me at privacy.net
Tue Jul 15 14:42:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 12:59:20 +0000, Jason Rabel wrote:

>> On Mint 17 ntp from the repo works well with offsets in the low tens of
>> milliseconds, sometimes < 10ms.
>
> Do you have your HPET clock enabled in your BIOS (if there is a choice
> for it)?

Yes I did, but disabling it made no difference to the behaviour of the
Window 7 installation.  I'm not surprised since the Mint 17 install works
fine.

> Maybe as a test try disabling any powersaving features of your CPU (via
> the BIOS). Sometimes the dynamic CPU throttling can cause issues.

Tried all that.  Again no change.

I think I'm looking for something that's specific to the Windows
installation.

Thank you for your suggestions anyway.