[ntp:questions] ntp-4.2.6p5 on Win 7 x64

Thu Jul 17 19:02:28 UTC 2014

Nick wrote:...
> server 0.uk.pool.ntp.org iburst  minpoll 6 maxpoll 6
> server 1.uk.pool.ntp.org iburst minpoll 6 maxpoll 6
> server 2.uk.pool.ntp.org iburst minpoll 6 maxpoll 6
> server 3.uk.pool.ntp.org iburst minpoll 6 maxpoll 6

Instead try:

restrict source nomodify
pool uk.pool.ntp.org iburst preempt minpoll 6 maxpoll 7

# The pool directive will allow it to continue to get new servers as needed
# as it decides to discard outliyers.

# Unless this is one of your few main S1 or S2 servers,
#  that serve many other clients;
# I'm personally reluctant to hit the pool servers every minute;
# I usually just leave the minpoll and maxpoll alone (undefined default) for internet servers;
# I sometimes set minpoll 10 maxpoll 17 for an occasional internet server;
# I have recently set minpoll 6 maxpoll 7 for Internal Corporate LAN Servers.

  will be added to the BlackLists.