[ntp:questions] NTP over wireless

mgy1912 at cox.net mgy1912 at cox.net
Thu Jul 17 19:19:13 UTC 2014

OK, I got NTP up and running again (found out I had Dimension 4 running as a service, deleted it and the real NTP is back in business). Problem is, now I typically have offsets in the 50 ms range, poll never goes above 64, jitter is fairly low but offsets actually increase over time.  With SNTP I was consistently getting offsets (as measured with David Taylor's NTPMonitor) in the 10-15 ms range and frequently under 5 ms.  It seems like NTP is polling the servers but not doing anything to the clock.  What am I missing?  I am using the Meinberg distro under Windows 7 (standalone machine connecting to public servers).  Please let me know what other info I can furnish that might be of help.

Thanks,
Brian Garrett
garrettbrian1960 at gmail.com