[ntp:questions] ntp-4.2.6p5 on Win 7 x64

Fri Jul 18 21:56:42 UTC 2014

Nick wrote:
> The pool directive only seems to work with the 'reference' version i.e.
> ntp-4.2.6p5 at spider-man-2-win32-setup.exe.
>
> Unfortunately the 'reference' version doesn't seem to work on Windows 7.
>
> The later 'development' versions which work after a fashion on Windows 7
> don't seem to process the pool directive.  No associations.

You likely left out the restrict source; e.g.
 restrict source nomodify

I have a laptop nearby, with Win 7 Pro 64 SP1 with ntp 4.2.7p400
 using pool and MM timer just fine (on WiFi or wired Ethernet).

  will be added to the BlackLists.