[ntp:questions] ntp-4.2.6p5 on Win 7 x64

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Thu Jul 24 22:43:12 UTC 2014

On 24/07/14 23:24, William Unruh wrote:

> ??
> The correction is to change the frequency so that a fraction of the
> current offset will be eliminated by the next correction. Not sure what
> you mean by your comments on reducing increments.

As far as I remember, ntpd is a PI controller.  The proportional bit is
done by applying a decaying fraction of the offset (more or less
directly if using Linux user space mode, a bit more complex if you can
only control frequency, as on Windows).

It is just possible it stopped doing this between v3 and v4.