[ntp:questions] Help with cross-compiling NTP for the Raspberry Pi requested

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Mar 6 07:28:04 UTC 2014

On 05/03/2014 22:56, Harlan Stenn wrote:
[]
> One of those is apparently instructions on building an RPi kernel, and
> the other instructions are for building NTP.
>
> NTP's build system does not use CCPREFIX or PLATFORM.

Correct - I was expecting there to be some commonality in
cross-compiling, but sadly it seems not.
[]
> What 'configure' line are you using for NTP?

Here's my full script:

________________________
wget http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.7p430.tar.gz

tar xvfz ntp-dev-4.2.7p430.tar.gz

cd ntp-dev-4.2.7p430

mkdir A.armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf

cd A.armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf

../configure --enable-linux-caps --host=armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
--build=x86_64-unknown-linux$

make

make DESTDIR=`pwd`/:Built install

ls -l :Built/usr/local/bin
ls -l :Built/usr/local/sbin

The "--enable-linux-caps" is copied from building on the Raspberry Pi
itself, where it was required.

Thanks, Harlan.

--
Cheers,