[ntp:questions] ACTS and Leap Event

Fri Mar 7 20:30:31 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-07 03:36, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Michael Tatarinov writes:

>>> Up to a month in advance.
>>
>> but not ntp4.2.7, it's up to a day.
>
> Thanks, Mike!
>
> And now I'm remembering a bug about the ACTS driver in that it can
> lengthen the poll interval to just over a day, which means the system
> would miss the announcement.
>
> Do we need to change something?

All the NIST specific services (ACTS, Daytime, WWV*) broadcast the leap
warning for the end of the current month, which should be enough warning,
and the leapseconds file is updated over five months ahead, normally.
What the drivers and the daemon do with those warnings is a SMOP?

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis