[ntp:questions] Indirect GPS time source options

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at tmsw.no
Wed Mar 12 20:53:46 UTC 2014

William Unruh wrote:
> On 2014-03-12, Olivier Drouin <ol.drouin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is the CDMA method still available with these other cellulare
>> network technologies like HSPA or LTE? If not, do I have other
>> options beside a GPS antenna with a sky view?
>
> CDMA also needs an antenna with cell tower view. What's the
> difference? (Note my gps on an east facing window through a large
> cedar tree works just fine.)

The Endrun unit worked very nicely inside the server room of our Tampa
facility when I installed it 10+ years ago.

There was no possible outside antenna location and at that time
absolutely no gps units that would work from inside the metal glazed
windows of the high rise building.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>