[ntp:questions] Time of by 4 min

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Mar 14 04:10:51 UTC 2014

On 13/03/2014 17:48, greg.wayne.smith at gmail.com wrote:
> That's a pretty slick program just from looking at the page. I will play around with in and see. I tend to not install any 3rd party apps on my DC's though.
>
> I did mine the old fashion way by just setting the registry settings.
> Basically this for Windows servers: http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/use.html
>
> I have never had any issues till about 3 weeks ago.
> My server is not slowing losing time... It's a solid 4 min off for the past 3 weeks.

Some versions of the Windows Time Service are broken - e.g. they get a
time update once a week.  I strongly recommend using NTP from the
Meinberg install set and updating to the latest development version,
especially on your DCs.

[Caveats: I haven't used the Windows Time Service for many years, and I
believe it is a little better now, and I don't run a domain.]

--
Cheers,
David