[ntp:questions] Synchronizing contrived time

Sun Mar 16 03:18:52 UTC 2014

On 3/15/2014 10:21 AM, William Unruh wrote:> On 2014-03-15, Amit Dor-Shifer <amit.dor.shifer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks to Per for spotting my usage error. ntpd seems to be working fine.
>> Still client refuses to sync from the server, with the same error message
>> as before:
>> 192.168.1.11: Server dropped: strata too high
>> server 192.168.1.11, port 123
>> stratum 16, precision -23, leap 11, trust 000
>
> Did you read the error message? It says "strata to high" You are running
> your server at too high a statum.

With both stratum  at 16, and leap at 1 1,
 I'm certain it is not that he is orphan at 16, or syncing to a st 15,
  rather that st gets set to 16 for some of the same conditions that set
  leap to 1 1 (alarm).

  will be added to the BlackLists.