[ntp:questions] Time to fix reported driver bug.

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sun Mar 16 13:53:41 UTC 2014

On 15/03/14 18:36, Paul wrote:
> I reported a bug in a driver about a month ago.  Should I expect a feedback
> other than having it assigned to the refclock maintainers?  Are times to
> fix on the scale of months or years?

Assuming you are talking about the reference implementation of ntpd, it
is going to depend on which driver, and the nature of the fault.  If it
is for a driver for a piece of hardware that is not available to an
active developer, and the bug is not trivially obvious, and easy to fix,
it could take forever.

In my experience, in the commercial world, one month would only be
achieved if the bug was business critical.

If you tell us which bug report, someone may be able to indicate whether
there is a competent developer, and how important it is.