[ntp:questions] Graphing NTP bandwidth usage?

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Wed Mar 26 14:25:24 UTC 2014

A while back I saw a couple web pages where people graphed various aspects of their NTP server(s).

One of the graphs of particular importance to me was where they showed NTP specific inbound & outbound bandwidth.

For the life of me I can't figure out how they did it though. Are they fudging the numbers based on 'ntpdc -c iostats' and using the
packets sent / received and multiplying by some arbitrary number of bytes? Or maybe monitor it via iptables?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?