[ntp:questions] "ntpq -c kern" returns all zero values (except for the status line)

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed May 7 09:27:07 UTC 2014

When I use "ntpq -c kern" on any of my Windows NTP servers I get all
zeros for the data fields, but a valid status line:

C:\Users\David>ntpq -c kern alta
associd=0 status=0115 leap_none, sync_pps, 1 event, clock_sync,
pll offset:            0
pll frequency:         0
maximum error:         0
estimated error:       0
pll time constant:     0
precision:             0
frequency tolerance:   0
pps frequency:         0
pps stability:         0
pps jitter:            0
calibration interval   0
calibration cycles:    0
jitter exceeded:       0
stability exceeded:    0
calibration errors:    0

whereas if I query a FreeBSD or Linux server from the same Windows PC I
get values for all fields.

I suspect that I may have got some compile option wrong, but all NTP
were self-compiled here from the current development versions.  I didn't
set any special options myself when compiling.

Suggestions?
--
Thanks,
David