[ntp:questions] Explaining Technical Detail to Technically illiterate journalist

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue May 20 07:24:29 UTC 2014

tim.james.clare at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sorry if this post contravenes all guidelines for the group, but I am in Melbourne, Australia and I am writing a non-technical feature story about network time synchronisation (and its usage in everyday applications).
>
> I would love to be able to talk to someone (whether via email or instant messenger) about NTC, so that I can explain the protocol and its usage as a part of my story.
>
> If anyone is interested in helping me out, please email me at tim.james.clare at gmail.com

I've recently started to write a whitepaper about computer time
synchronization. It is not yet complete but already contains a lot of
basic information which may be helpful for folks who are not very
familiar with that stuff.

A preliminary copy is available here:
http://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/info/#whitepaper

specifically: