[ntp:questions] NTP servers not accessible on some networks

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Wed May 21 06:43:45 UTC 2014

>>> If I keep pinging different pools,
>>>  I can find another NTP server which replies.
>>
>> Seems strange, that would imply that the server 130.88.200.4
>>  (or their ISP) is blocking your client?

  I regularly get inaccessible servers returned by pool directives but have never worried as I have local refclocks and servers so they would only get selected if those were down. I can only guess that the pool does not make sufficient, or timely verification of service supplied before providing the address.