[ntp:questions] Best practices

Mike Edwards mcedwar at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:39:10 UTC 2014

I'm looking for information on best practices to configure ntp for a medium
sized network.  I'm looking for something similar to the whitepapers
published by Cisco.  Cisco outlines several configurations with a mixture
of peer and server definitions for a set of internal ntp servers.

Equally useful might be a document that compares the functionality of the
ntp.org implementation, verses the Cisco ios implementation.  Does Cisco
use the ntp.org code?

I'd like to see a configuration that would be resilient to public server
failures, and connectivity problems to the public network, as well as
failures between sites on the internal network.

Do any such documents exist?

--
Sincerely,
Mike Edwards