[ntp:questions] How to measure computer clock error using PPS?

Vladislav Ross vladislav.ross at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:04:14 UTC 2014

Hello

I have NTP server with Ublox LEA-6T GPS receiver. I want to determine my
server's oscillator accuracy and stability. I've read about Allan deviation
and learnt how to make ADEV plot, but I don't fully understand how to
use this method.

My question is: what method should I use to determine server clock
accuracy and stability using PPS as reference? Can I use ntpd to collect
data about clock error? As far as I understand ntpd will adjust the
clock, but I need freely running clock.

I would appreciate any help.

--
Best regards,