[ntp:questions] problem with pool directive?

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Nov 11 09:45:42 UTC 2014

Rob writes:

> There is now one remaining issue: this pool command has added 7 pool
> servers.  That is a bit too much.

ntpd doesn't think so.

> I already have two hardwired own servers and only wanted to add maybe
> 2 pool members to have redundancy.

What about specifically using two "server" entries then?  You'll still
need the "restrict source" directive because the IPs are unknown.

> I would have expected a "members" option for the pool directive, but
> there does not appear to be one.

Please describe what you think this "members" option should do.

NTP is a low-load service, and accurate time can be a critical need.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>