[ntp:questions] Does ntpq have an equivalent to ntpdc's "fudge" command?

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Sun Oct 5 20:39:35 UTC 2014

Does the ntpq program have an equivalent to ntpdc's "fudge" command?

I know ntpdc is deprecated, and I understand ntpq is supposed to be able to do
everything that ntpdc can do, but I simply can't find any way to set a
reference clock's flags in ntpq.

I want to be able to set flag1 in an ACTS refclock (in order to schedule an
immediate dialup attempt).  I know how to do this with ntpdc, but I haven't
been able to find the corresponding command in ntpq.

Rich Wales
richw at richw.org