[ntp:questions] Adjust serial device speed in ACTS refclock driver?

Rob nomail at example.com
Mon Oct 6 07:00:22 UTC 2014

Rich Wales <richw at richw.org> wrote:
> Unless at least one of the known modem time services supports or requires
> a very high baud rate, BTW, I'm unconvinced that supporting anything higher
> than 9600 is really necessary for this application.

Using the highest possible communication speed removes one of the delays
from the system that causes your time to be "so far off".

However, there are many other delays that you cannot control.
Maybe the best thing is to take a number of samples and then set a
fudge in ntpd to remove the average offset that you see.  And then
hope that none of the factors changes later.