[ntp:questions] NTP server not reducing polling interval on upstream hosts

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Oct 18 06:54:53 UTC 2014

On 17/10/2014 19:20, Phil W Lee wrote:
> David Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> considered Fri,
[]
>> I could put my current version binaries into a Zip file and upload it
>> for you to try, if you like.
>
> I just tried that, with the binaries of ntp-4.2.7p364_2 and
> ntp-devel-4.2.7.p411.
> Ntp crashed and burned when attempting to start - it looks like they
> rely on later libraries, which only a proper install will give me.
>
> I'm glad I'm testing all this in a virtual instance of the real
> machine, instead of the real machine itself.

I must admit that I could never get NTP to cross-compile for the
Raspberry Pi on a virtual machine, no problems (apart from the speed!)
compiling it on a Raspberry Pi directly, though.

The binaries I uploaded for you were for "ntpd 4.2.7p476", Intel,
FreeBSD 8.2.  I don't know whether they would also work with 8.1.

--
Cheers,
David