[ntp:questions] NTP server not reducing polling interval on upstream hosts

Michael Deutschmann michael at talosis.ca
Wed Oct 22 08:55:09 UTC 2014

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014, Brian Utterback wrote:
> We could turn it around and say that you refuse to accept that it isn't
> a bug. Perhaps the better tack to take is that both sides accept it as
> problematic and try to understand why and how to fix it.

You can't really say much about "both sides", because the side whose will
the reference implementation currently follows has been absent to the
debate, at least over the past few years.

People like me can relay the gist of that side's argument, but we don't
understand it well enough to actually defend it (assuming, that is, that
the full argument can be defended...).

---- Michael Deutschmann <michael at talosis.ca>