[ntp:questions] good "NTP Citizen"

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Oct 6 15:56:36 UTC 2014

I am looking to get a sense of what it means for a vendor to be a good
"NTP citizen."  I see it's been discussed before, but maybe we could use
this thread to provide an instructive checklist, in particular for
vendors with a designated pool.

The obvious starting is for the vendor to configure a pool with a
corresponding and regular donation.

In terms of the client configuration, I've read in various places that
besides using IBURST and synching on start, polling shouldn't happen
more than every three hours.

What else does being a "good NTP citizen" entail?

George