[ntp:questions] Min & max poll no longer needed for SHM/GPSD driver?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Sep 11 18:37:10 UTC 2014

It has been pointed out to me that this page:

   http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver28.html

says: "The gpsd man page suggests setting minpoll and maxpoll to 4. That
was an attempt to reduce jitter. The SHM driver was fixed
(ntp-4.2.5p138) to collect data each second rather than once per polling
interval so that suggestion is no longer reasonable"

So what should minpoll and maxpoll be set to for the GPSD shared memory
driver?  Or should they be omitted?  I'm confused....

Thanks!
--
Cheers,
David