[ntp:questions] Compensating for asymmetric delay on a per-peer/server basis?

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Fri Sep 12 12:52:20 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Martin Burnicki
<martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote:
> +1
>
> However, path asymmetry includes

I think you're abusing the conventional notion of asymmetric latency.
Uncorrected bandwidth asymmetry will result in offsets between
truechimers.  Offsets between clocks that we hope are truechimers
doesn't mean link-speed asymmetry.  I think it's confusing to be
considering CPU effects (or NAT) in this conversation because the OP
probably doesn't have these issues.