[ntp:questions] Fwd: Re: no drift-file on 2008 R2 vps and the time diff. is getting bigger and bigger?

gooly gooly at gmx.at
Sun Sep 14 11:42:10 UTC 2014

> Insist to whom? I doubt that your provider feels that is their
> obligation. Nor that he deliver a monotonic, non-jumping clock to you.
> And ntp cannot discipline a clock which it decides is off by more than
> 500PPM as averaged over a number of cycles.

Well, I don't know much about the Windows-Server 2008 R2 but couldn't it
be that if I share the realy server with too many other clients not only
my performance goes down but as well the clock is getting slower?
If so (?) I can ask him to either reduce the no. of clients or I will
look for another provider - no?

But as I said I don't know enough yet about this.

Do you know a tool to check easily the available performance of the vps?

Gooly